3-RAM TILT/TRIM SYSTEMS
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR 3-RAM TILT/TRIM SYSTEMS
- Trim outboard to up position.
- On trim/tilt switch side, simply slide m-y wedge over trim/tilt piston rod of lower unit.
- Slide completely down. m-y wedge will position and self-center.
- Trim outboard down until the rubber begins to compress.
- To remove m-y wedge simply trim outboard to up position and remove.
- Store m-y wedge in any boat compartment for convenience.
F300–F350 V-8 models need 2 m-y wedge units, Port and Starboard.
NOTE: We recommend that you rotate m-y wedge 1/4 to 1/2 turn after each use. This helps even the compression of the EPDM Rubber on the unit.
Install on trim/tilt switch side, normally Starboard side of Mercury, Honda, Johnson 4-Stroke, Evinrude, Tohatsu outboards.
Mercury fits on Starboard side. Installs on trim/tilt piston. Self centers. Snug down to secure. Correct trailering height shown. no need to hold on to anything!
Install on trim/tilt switch side, normally Port side of Yamaha, Suzuki outboards.
NOTE: On Yamaha and Suzuki the trim.tilt switch may be on the Starboard side. If there is a grease zerk where the m-y wedge meets the swivel bracket, the m-y wedge must go on the side opposite the grease zerk.
Yamaha fits on port side. Installs on trim/tilt piston. Self Centers. Snug down to secure.
Lower until starboard piston retracts 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch to secure. Correct trailering height shown.
Click Here for a PDF of the Mercury, Honda, Evinrude, Johnson, Tohatsu Instructions.
Click Here for a PDF of the Yamaha, Suzuki Instructions.
- Mercury outboards 135 to 300 hp
- Yamaha (plus new SHO) outboards 115 to 350 hp.
- Honda outboards 90 hp to 300 hp.
- Evinrude outboards 150 to 300 ho, except Generation 2.
- Johnson 4-Stroke outboards 150 to 300 ho. V6 4-Stroke.
- Suzuki 4-Stroke outboards DF140 to DF350 hp.
- Tohatsu outboards 115 to 250 hp.